Terms And Conditions
Terms And Conditions
Terms of Business of Childcare International Ltd. ('The Agency')
• The Agency introduces personnel to meet family and domestic requirements. At no time does the Agency act as an Employer. The purpose of the Agency is to introduce a suitable Employee ('the Employee') to its clients ('the Employer').
• The fees shall be payable by the Employer in advance of placement or within ten days of the date of demand or invoice (not from the date of the commencement of employment) and in accordance with the scale shown herewith. A 4% surcharge for each calendar month, or part thereof, will be charged from the date of invoice until the debt is fully paid.
• The Employer agrees to reimburse all reasonable travelling expenses incurred by potential Employees on interviews. The cost of travel from abroad in respect of Au Pair placements is payable by the Au Pair.
• Should an Employee be required by the Employer to leave with due cause within six weeks of the date of employment, or if the Employee shall leave without due cause within such period, the Agency can either (i) provide a replacement within a reasonable period of time, or (ii) make a refund in accordance with the Refund Policy attached hereto provided that the Agency's liability (if any) under this clause shall only apply if the Employer has made the payment referred to in Clause 2 within the stated period and that the Employer gives written notification to the Agency of termination of employment within seven days thereafter.
• The Agency will not be responsible for any delay in the Employee commencing employment. In the event of the Employee failing to take up employment, the Agency will endeavour to find a suitable replacement, failing which, the fee will be repaid in full.
• The Agency reserves the right to charge an administrative fee of £50.00 where expenditure has been incurred on the Employer's behalf.
• When the Employer fails to allow the Employee to take up employment, half the fee will be repaid, less any costs and expenses incurred, and less 50% of the Employee's wages for a period of one week where such cancellation is made within fourteen days of the intended commencement date unless the Agency has been able to find acceptable employment for the Employee from that date.
• Work permits and other permits, medical examinations and other formalities shall be the responsibility of the Employer. The Agency will obtain from the Employee a pre-employment medical certificate.
• All suggested salaries quoted are net and the Employer should ensure that any tax and national insurance contributions, if applicable, are deducted from the salary of the Employee. These sums should be forwarded to the Inland Revenue or other appropriate authority with any sums payable by the Employer.
• Whilst the Agency takes every care to assess the Employee and to obtain references, it gives no warranty as to the Employee's details, character or suitability.
• The Agency will not be responsible for the acts, attitudes or omissions of the Employee or for any loss, damage, personal injury or other loss howsoever arising.
• If an Employee is introduced by the Employer to a third party which results in the employment of the Employee, the full fee shall be payable to the Agency by the original Employer.
• The Employer undertakes not to re-engage temporary staff otherwise than through the Agency. Any Employer who engages at any time the services of a person originally introduced by the Agency, having previously engaged/declined the services of that person, will be liable for the full fee. The Employer will inform the Agency immediately of any such engagement.
• If the Employer engages temporary staff on a permanent basis, the Employer will pay to the Agency its fees as for permanent staff, shown herewith, in addition to those previously paid for temporary staff.
Subject to the conditions below, if a permanent Employee leaves their employment within six weeks a suitable replacement will be found (maximum 2 replacements within the six week period). If no suitable applicant is available then the following refunds will apply:
0-2 weeks from the agreed commencement date 75% refund
2-4 weeks from the agreed commencement date 50% refund
4-6 weeks from the agreed commencement date 25% refund
After 6 weeks have elapsed no cash refunds are applicable, however a credit may apply towards the subsequent placement. For summer placements of under 3 months no refunds/replacements are due, except in exceptional circumstances.
Refunds for Nanny placements:
Subject to the conditions below, if a permanent Employee leaves their employment within twelve weeks, the following refunds will be given provided that a suitable replacement cannot be found:
0-2 weeks from the agreed commencement date - Full refund
2-4 weeks - 75% refund
4-8 weeks - 50% refund
8-12 weeks - 25% refund
A refund will only be made provided:
a) The agency fee has been paid within ten days of date of invoice.
b) The Employer gives written notification of termination of employment within seven days.
c) The Employee has not left due to unreasonable conditions or conditions greatly different from those stated in the job description given to the Agency by the Employee.
Please note that any refund may be subject to a deduction if monies are owing to your employee. In the event of the Employee failing to take up employment, the Agency will endeavour to find a suitable replacement, failing which, the fee will be repaid in full.